Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Work today was awesome!! First, I proofread a long document that is going to be released by Black Sash to the government, suggesting changes for national health care reform. I was able to contribute a lot through the editing process, which made me feel useful. I also learned a lot about the state of South African healthcare and what’s wrong with it. Who would’ve thought I could be so interested in anything health related?

Later, I wrote a press release that is going to be sent to newspapers around South Africa and posted on the Black Sash website. My boss wrote half and I wrote the other half, and then we joined the two. It was really satisfying to finally do some writing; that’s what I’ve been hoping to do all along. He really liked my work so hopefully I’ll get to keep writing!

The weather today was more typical of a Cape Town winter day—rainy and chilly, but definitely bearable. Will and I tried an alternate mode of transportation today since clearly the taxi system did not work last time.

For dinner, we had food catered to the B&B, as we do every Tuesday and Thursday. On Tuesdays, we bring in a dinner guest as well. Usually, they are prominent members from the Cape Town community that Bill knows through his various connections. Tonight our guest was a professor from the University of Cape Town who’s an expert on colored history in South Africa.

Okay well I’m off to read my book and do some “homework” work…adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment